How can you participate in deeper connections with customers-the kind of connections that foster brand loyalty? It all starts with smarter interactions, interactions that link to your brand promise and differentiate you from your competition.
What is a Smarter Interaction?
The concept of “guiding smarter interactions” is based on the notion of consistently delivering interactions and experiences that result in positive outcomes for the customer, the employee and the organization. Everyone is a winner. But to be successful, an organization must recognize that it is its people — and often the agents in the contact center — who carry the brand torch and either deliver smarter interactions or fail and possibly damage the brand in the process. The goal of “smarter interactions” is to help employees connect with customers in such a way that they become loyal advocates of your brand.
Create Emotional Bonds with Customers
Experiences that produce emotional bonding achieve much greater loyalty and advocacy.
In fact, organizations that were successful in creating both functional and emotional bonding had:
- higher retention ratios: 84% versus 30%
- higher cross/upsell ratios 82% versus 16%
Source: OgilvyOne worldwide™ analysis of the annual Millward Brown study of 28,000 worldwide brands (BrandZ™)3 sponsored by WPP.
Interactions, Not Transactions
Traditionally, customer service has been viewed as a series of transactions. However, in today’s hyper-competitive environment where customers are more sophisticated and less brand loyal, real, connected interactions offer the best opportunity to engage and keep customers happy and earn their repeat business. Whereas “transactions” are typically a mechanical and forgettable exchange, smarter interactions are consistent, intentional, and memorable—all hallmarks of a successful customer experience.
Smarter interactions should:
- Create an emotional bond with the customer
- Be connected to their personal situation
- Be valuable to the customer … not just to the company
- Leave a lasting memory – a positive experience so powerful that it burns a memory of your company’s brand into your customer’s mind
How can you ensure a smarter interactions… every time?
That’s where intelligent, real-time guidance comes in. You want to capture, measure and act upon everything you know about your customer – as well how your employees are performing against their individual and team goals.
- Leverages the insight you have about each customer in the context of every interaction
- Insulates agents from those segments of the interaction that add no value by removing them or automating them behind the scenes. This frees up the agent to truly interact with the customer in a way that the customer finds most valuable.
- Changes as you learn more, getting better and smarter with each interaction
- Leads employees and customers down the right path to the best result – every time
An intelligent, real-time guidance system, helps drive higher levels of customer loyalty, accelerate organic growth and improve operational metrics and savings. It guides employees through complex processes, back-end systems and workflow, and leverages the insight you have about each customer in the context of every interaction. Using a powerful combination of intelligent, real-time guidance, expert recommendations, a customer-focused unified agent desktop, your employees are equipped to deliver smarter interactions that are consistent, intentional, differentiated and valuable—all hallmarks of a successful customer experience.
Learn more about connecting with customers at an emotional level.