Cincom and IBM: Guiding Smarter Interactions in Healthcare
Depending upon the healthcare environment, Cincom Synchrony utilizes numerous IBM technologies and services to enhance its functionality. Synchrony is validated for the IBM Health Integration Framework, so users can expect reliable performance, flexible configurations that adapt to changing needs, and expert service before, during and after implementation.
Components of the solution can include:
- Lotus® Expeditor for a unified client framework, automated data exchange and single sign-on.
- IBM WebSphere® Application Server – a J2EE platform for essential application services.
- IBM DB2® – employed at the data tier, utilized as the transaction database.
- IBM InfoSphere® Master Data Management (MDM) Server retrieves customer data from a centralized data hub shared by numerous back-end systems. Its web services are consumed by Synchrony, and the resulting data guides customer care center employees.
- IBM Cognos® drives business intelligence and performance analytics.
- IBM FileNet® and Advanced Case Management provide workflow and process capabilities to manage customer cases and drive task automation.
- Tivoli® provides secure, single sign-on capabilities.
- IBM RAMP enhances Synchrony’s routing capabilities with a success-based call routing engine.
- IBM Unica provides greater customer insight and delivers highly personalized, relevant offers.
- IBM Global Business Services® provides business transformation, application and IBM software implementation, back-office integration and infrastructure implementation.
The Cincom Synchrony application integrates seamlessly with other technology components from the IBM Health Integration Framework. Configurations vary depending on the specific needs of healthcare organizations.
Solution Brief: IBM and Cincom: guiding smarter interactions. Learn More