A core architectural philosophy of the Synchrony solution is to facilitate a deep legacy/enterprise integration capability that allows organizations to leverage existing application and system investments. The focus of the integration framework is to enable an organization to span multiple systems in order to see a single view of a customer. Providing this single customer view across their enterprise helps in effectively managing and reporting against any interaction, transaction or transaction exceptions while meeting the following goals:
- Enable customers and partners to integrate Synchrony with existing IT infrastructure without expensive and time-consuming systems integration work.
- Facilitate secure and seamless integration across firewalls.
- Provide minimal impact on customer and/or partner systems.
- Leverage the EAI/B2B integration tools that are available in the market.
Synchrony’s modular integration architecture allows an externalized Applications Programming Interface (API) to integrate with the Synchrony application through the Synchrony Web Service Adapter (WSA). Synchrony’s Web Services Adapter (WSA) provides access to Synchrony’s API over the internet. These API or web services are based on standards (HTTP, XML and SOAP) and are available remotely through a company’s firewall. They provide a powerful set of functions to facilitate integrations between Synchrony and other Enterprise Software Systems. WSA provides flexibility in implementing integrations ranging from:
- Simple system to system real-time or batch exchange of data to
- Sophisticated, event-driven business processes.
These services provide out-of-the-box access to Synchrony data structures and interaction services in the form of either WSDL-defined objects or optionally as Java objects.
- Programmatically toggling the agent “ready” state
- Dynamically inputting values into specific Synchrony input fields on-the-fly
- Automatically navigating to certain Synchrony screens
- Retrieving product lists or customer tiers from the Synchrony database